When your political campaign is staged locally and nationally, from doorsteps to TV studios, how do you ensure your control systems remain effective and meet the needs of all party members? The Conservative Party asked SIMS for help.
When SIMS was awarded the contract to provide the Conservative Party with the systems to improve its campaign communications, we consulted with party members to establish their differing requirements.
- Central Office wanted to control the brand
- Local party officials wanted more control of their regional issues and budgets
- Everyone needed access to central storage of stock items
- More cost effective production methods were a necessity
SIMS developed a user friendly on-line software system that benefits everyone, whatever their role in the party:
- An intranet keeps everyone up to date with news and developments
- The Web2Print system provides templates that ensure Head Office can control the brand and central messages, whilst local activists can tailor professionally designed national templates to include local stories and issues.
- Central storage of all campaign materials can be ordered and paid for on-line, then cost effectively distributed around the UK
- Batched production delivers cost savings
- Management information records what is being ordered
- On-line scheduling allows everyone to see when their orders will be delivered
Net sales for the accessories displayed within the wrapped units grew +30% on the previous year.